My little family had the opportunity to go visit my home country in October. We had a great time, we stayed in Sao Paulo with family , and enjoyed the company of my Grandma the whole time during our Trip. We left Phoenix on Oct.4 and arrived in Sao Paulo Oct. 5. Our international flight lasted about 9 hours and we had a layover in Texas and that flight was 2 1/2 so we had about 12 hours of flight. It wasn't too bad I made sure I was loaded with baby food bottle and my favorite and best friend "Tylenol". It was great, the little one slept most of the time, she had a little bassinett which was also a plus for flying international, they also gave us baby food on the plane she liked that. We arrived in Sao Paulo and I could vagaly remember some of the places we went it was about 12 years ago since I was there last. SP is a huge city and the most shocking sight for me was all the slums and ghetto but there are nice areas of the city too.My Aunt lives in a very nice neighborhood that felt like we were in the jungle, It was so pretty, it was a gated community and it didn't even seemed like she lived in the city.The one thing that I was also shocked was the way people drive over there, It is insane! We set in traffic there for about 3 hours or so, and the cars are so different. Also the motorcyclist are crazy they drive super fast in between lanes.
On Sunday we had the opportunity to see a lot of family members. my aunt planned a BBQ (Churrasco) and everyone came to see me, I felt like a movie star! We were all treated so well and received so many gifts it was amazing, people that I didn't even remember came and showed their love. G was the highlight being the first Great Grandbaby on my side of the family, Everyone was spoiling her we came home with a whole new wardrobe.
We spend almost a week in Salvador, Ba to see the beach and to spend some time with some family members there, it was beautiful. Then we Traveled to the suburbs of Sao Paulo and went to visit where my grandparents live Rio Claro, and Where I used to live Limeira. I was able to visit with one of my bestest friends in the world and the hospitality from her family was so great I didn't want to leave, I felt like a little kid again hanging out there like I used to, the house that I used to live is still there and looks exactly the same, it was interesting because all the other houses around it looked completely different and were remodeled.
We then traveled back home on Oct. 16 arriving here in Phoenix Oct. 17. It was a short visit, I wish it was longer but it was nice to go back and to remember my roots, Also to teach K a little bit about my culture, it was so nice to see him interact with the people there. EVERYONE loved him he did so well with his portuguese a lot of people thought he was fluent! He enjoyed eating all the different fruits and all the yummy food eveyone made us, me too. G also enjoyed home made baby food my grandma would go to the store and buy her fresh veggies and fruits just to make her food.
I was grateful for the opportunity to go and see how people are happy with the smallest things there. I think that sometimes we get so caught up with everything that goes on in our lives that we don't appreciate the things that we have, like hot water in all our faucets, showers, etc...clothes dryer, Heating and air conditioning. etc... Even though people didn't have some of these luxuries that we enjoy they were so happy with just being alive and working. It was great to feel the love and energy from the Brazillian people.


3 comments:
I'm so excited that you got to go back with your little family. How neat. Fun pictures.
It looks like you guys had so much fun. Gabby is adorable in all the pictures!!!
Kort told me you went out there for a little visit! How fun! I am glad Gabby and Kelsey got to see Brazil!! I can't believe it had been 12 years since you were last there. Time flies!! Sounds like a great trip!
Post a Comment