Thursday, February 4, 2010
Me and giving up!
I'm writing this, not for pitty. I think that it's my reality, and I just have to face it. I'm a quitter. Ever since I was a teenager, I would go to try outs etc.... after making the first cut I wouldn't go back, because I was afraid of rejection... so I would quit. I started college, then got married and decided that I wanted to be a mom more than anything in the world, I wanted to be a veterinarian, but then I quit... I know that being a mom is a lot more impiortant and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I see all my roommates graduating and some even getting a Masters degree and I can barely have my child obey me and listen to me. I make goals for myself and can never keep them, that's why I just give up and don't even make them anymore, that's why this blog is never updated. Yesterday, I decided to start potty training, I read a book , I thought I had everything I needed, I was doing well, trying to be positive, overall when we went to bed I felt ok about it, This morning I woke up and tried going back to where we stopped yesterday and it was bad, so bad that I was starting to losing my cool, and wasn't so enthusiastic as I was yesterday, She didn't want to listen to me and she would throw a tantrum and cry and cry. Me and my pregnancy hormones, had had enough so I quit! I decided I didn't care if she was in diapers for a while, I like my sanity and quiet. I will work on her listening to me first then move on to potty training. Still, what do I do about this Quitting problem that I have? I need counseling!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I think you just needed to have a good venting session! :)
Been there, done that. It doesn't get you anywhere good.
If she's not ready, stop. You're not quitting, you're just waiting.
Breathe. It will all be okay! ;)
Thanks, Ton. I do need a good venting Session, after last night I feel much better. I have a lot of things I want to do today, making a list and getting them done.
Quitting isn't always bad, goals are good but someetimes people put their goals before everything and how boring does that sound? Theres good and bad to both personality types. At least being a "quitter" means you can be a little spontaneous and change your mind. Just don't beat yourself up about it! I'm the same with a lot of things. I try to make reasonable goals that I think I can handle, they aren't very strict because I allow myself to cheat while I make the goal (diets, etc.), Garrett laughs at me but I know myself well enough to try something reasonable that isn't going to be so strict. Don't let fear be your motive for quitting though! Oh and I think many parents give up on the potty training after a while and eventually, Gabe will want to do it on her own... She has her own strong little mind and just wont be forced!
Becca, nossa, faz tempao q nao passo aqui no seu blog!!! eu nem lembrava mais como vir aqui.
Nossa, eu ia ate te perguntar como tava indo o potty training porque eu to querendo comecar com a Rachel, mas eu tenho mais preguica doq tudo..hehehe. Ja tenho lido algumas coisas e tal, e soh falta mesmo colocar em pratica. Ate ja temos o potty..hehehe
Olha, lah no meu facebook wall tem a receita da coxinha. VE se vc acha e se nao achar eu tento mandar rpa voce.
Super facil.
Quando eh o aniversario da Gabby? vai fazer aqui denovo?
beijo
saudades
Beka
Ugh. Potty training stinks. It just takes time...don't worry! And sometimes it's best to just wait 'til they're ready. It makes life easier for all of you! Plus potty training is a huge process...it's not over in a couple of days. So, you are not alone. And you are not a quitter! Keep at it...someday it will all be worth it. And I agree with Tonia, sometimes you do just need to vent!
You're not a quitter! You're a great mom and you have been successful at everything you have tried. Don't get down. I love you!
ps. Yes that was your coat, but definitely not your boots. They were my last years Christmas present.
Post a Comment