So to start off I will let you know that I don't have pictures of any of these events I'm about to describe, Second of all if you get squimish (spell check?) you might not want to read this. Ok it's really not that bad.
So Friday night June 12, 2009- I was babysitting in Verado for a friend of mine who went out of town, I had 6 kids wow that was fun! Anyway As I was finishing up dishes I ran the garbage disposal and there was a syringe stuck in there, I turned the disposal off and as I had my hand in reaching for the syringe the little 2 year old turned the disposal switch on ( which was under the sink). So as you can imagine I scream and cried and was in a lot of pain and there was blood everywhere. Luckily K-LO and Brad were there. K-LO promptly called 911 and the firemen came to the rescue. They looked at my hand cleaned my fingers and bandaged them and told me to go to an ER within the hour so I can get a Tetanus shot. Brad stayed there while Johnny and Andi were going to come and help him put all 6 of them to bed. We drove about 25 min to the hospital while getting there they told us it wouldn't be too long they weren't very "BUSY" they give me an ice pack and tell me to keep my hand elevated I did but it was uncomfortable and I felt like I was back in school again asking a question by raising my arm. Anyway an hour goes by and I'm still in a lot of pain and in the same position, they finally call us back I get some Vicodin and antibiotics and the lovely Tetanus shot. I had xrays done etc... all in all two hours go by we are still in the ER.
K-LO=Hubby (He was soo nice the whole night and the day after and ever since then he's changed my bandages etc.. I love him~!!! He was so worried)
Verdict: Nothing Broken, Minor Lacerations( cuts) on the top of my middle and ring fingers on my right hand both of my nails my fall off but overall very very lucky that I still have fingers and that no nerve damage or anything super serious, everyone that heard my story and saw my fingers told me the same thing. The thing that hurts and still does is where my Tetanus shot was given I have a Ginormous bruise that looks like I've been beat up.
This is the ironic part of this story, so Saturday I was scheduled to get fingerprinted for my citizenship papers and my fingers were wrapped up, K-lo took me to the appt. due to me being "under the influence" they asked me what happened to my fingers and I told them the story and they wanted to reschedule the appt. I told them that I would unwrap my fingers and clean them and re wrap them later in the car because I did not want to come back another day and I didn't wan't this to delay my process. Another blessing I was able to do them and everything went well.
So sunday comes I had to teach, Mon. pretty uneventful other than I went in to get my fingers checked our to make sure no infection was brewing and the DR. said everything looked fine I only need to wear my bandage for 5 more days. Tues, uneventful had mutual, which was really good. Then my next exciting story.....
Wednesday June 17, 2009-I went to Wal-Mart as usual for groceries, getting some things for dinner etc... I got to my car put groceries in and Gabby in her car seat, I had the keys dangling so I threw them to the front seat as I close the door to open my door I realized that I LOCKED my keys and my child in the car in this wonderful heat. There was a guy who was about to get into his car I asked him to use his cell phone to call home and see if I had extra keys there Andi looked but they were in K-Lo's truck I called K-Lo who was about 40 min away he would come but I needed something faster than that. So I saw the security dude driving I flagged him down and he came and did actually NOTHING luckily one of the managers was getting out and he asked me if I needed help I told him what happened he immediately called 911 this is verbatum what he said though made me sound like an idiot :"There is a child locked in a car" Anyway I looked at him and he then said "it's an accident though" He was really nice and comforting though. G was smiling this whole time and probably thinking "Who are all these weirdo's, why are they looking at me? Mom why aren't we going? It's getting hot here. Anyway 5 min go by and the firefighters finally come they used this hook looking thing and in less than 2 seconds they opened the car it was awesome. WE took G out. By this time I had 3 managers, security guy, 4 firemen it was a party!! I was so grateful and blessed that it didn't take that long for them to get her out and that it was not as hot as it usually is, the Wal-Mart managers were awesome they kept me upbeat and brought bottle waters etc...
Lesson learned from both of these episodes: Never stick your fingers in a garbage if the switch is low enough anyone can touch it. Lesson two make sure to keep your keys with you at all times especially when your child is in the car. Lesson 3 I'm so glad to have a Heavenly Father who loves me and helps me when I'm in need, I'm grateful for all these people who have helped in some way in these two stories. I love you! I'm blessed to have my baby and my fingers.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! That is crazy! I can't believe that stuff happened to you. I am so glad you are okay.
Sheesh, pack all the trauma in one week, eh!? Glad your fingers and Miss G are A-OK! And glad the firemen are so prompt!!
oh my gosh why didn't you tell me? That is crazy
Becca!! Oh goodness, I am so glad that you and Gabby are both ok! I would have had a heart attack if I had locked my kid in the car too! Glad the Wal-Mart guys were so helpful!
Amazing stories! Never a dull moment eh? It seems like everything exciting happens at once.
Post a Comment